AIDC was incorporated in 1965 as the "The Assam Major Industries Enterprise Corporation Limited" and later renamed as Assam Industrial Development Corporation Ltd in 1965 AIDC. The corporation was established by the government of Assam with the objective of identifying and promoting large scale industries to achieve a socio economic change through rapid industrialization. Today, AIDC stands out as a major catalyst for all aspects of Industrial development in the state. Since its inception AIDC has promoted a number of industrial units in the state sector as well as in joint/private sector.
AIDC was recognized as financial institution in December 1976 with a view to provide financial assistance to industrial units in the state. Since then, AIDC has assisted through Term Loans and Equity.
In its endeavor to enhance the pace of industrialization and growth of commerce in the state, the Corporation has also embarked on a plan to create industrial infrastructure in the state. Some important Industrial Infrastructures created by AIDC are -
- Export Promotion Industrial Park (EPIP), Amingaon
- Two Industrial Growth Centres (IGC) at Chariduar, and Matia
- Seven Integrated Infrastructure Development (IID) Centres at, Dalgaon, Malinibeel, Bhomoraguri/Naltoli, Demow, Titabor, Dahudi, Silapathar
As a continuation of the endeavor, AIDC took up the initiative of establishing a Mega Food Park in the State along with Private Partners. AIDC also plans to promote an Agri Export Zone in the state.
AIDC has promoted a number of Subsidiaries, Joint Ventures and cooperatives , some of which are:
- Assam Petrochemicals Ltd
- Cachar Sugar Mills
- Fertichem Limited
- Assam Syntex
- Assam State Fertilizer and Chemicals
- Assam State Weaving and Manufacturing Company Ltd
- Industrial Papers (Assam) Ltd
- Prag Bosimi Synthetics Ltd
- North Assam Agro Industries Cooperative Society Ltd
For details on AIDC please visit - http://www.aidcltd.com/